Dr Myles Munroe left us a legacy of leadership. His very purpose statement was transforming followers into leaders and leaders into agents of change. In this post, I have highlighted 54 quotes from Dr Myles Munroe on leadership. I gathered these from being mentored by Myles Munroe right from the age of 16.
Because you visited this site, I want to give you Lifetime Access to over $150 worth of mentorship materials from Dr. Myles Munroe on purpose, leadership, success, wealth and the Kingdom. Get instant access to them here…
Quotes from Myles Munroe on Leadership
1. Trapped within every follower is a hidden leader.
2. Leadership is not an elite club for a certain few. It is the true essence of all human beings.
3. Every human has the instinct and capacity for leadership, but most do not have the courage or will to cultivate it.
4. Genuine leadership is one’s internal disposition, which relates to a sense of purpose, self-worth, and self-concept.
5. True leadership is a product of inspiration, not manipulation.
6. True leaders do not seek power but are driven by a passion to achieve a noble cause.
7. All the money in the world can make you rich, and all the power in the world can make you strong, but these things can never make you a leader
8. Leadership is a trusted privilege given by followers
9. Leaders think differently about themselves, and this distinguishes them from followers.
10. The self-discovery of your inherent leadership potential and an understanding of who you are and what you are meant to be are the keys to fulfilling your purpose for existence as a leader.
11. Most of us are not leaders today because, in our hearts, we don’t believe that is who we are. Leaders think differently
12. The greatest leadership seems to surface during times of personal, social, economic, political, and spiritual conflict.
13. True leadership passion is the discovery of a belief, reason, idea, conviction, or cause not just to live for, but also to die for, which focuses on benefiting mankind as a whole.
14. Leadership is the capacity to influence others through inspiration motivated by a passion, generated by a vision, produced by a conviction, ignited by a purpose.
15. Because true leaders discover and understand who they are and what their purpose is, they influence their environments more than their environments influence them.
16. True leadership is manifested when one individual uses his or her flame to light the lives of many and help them discover the reservoir of hidden oil in their own lamps.
17. Leaders lead out of their hearts.
18. True leaders discover keys to the nature of leadership from the examples of others, but they never try to become these other leaders. They must use their own gifts and abilities to do what they are individually called to do
19. If we were created to be leaders, then we must all possess the capacity, inherent desire, natural talents, potential, and abilities that correspond to being a leader.
20. The demands of leadership may require that you stand alone in the face of conflict, public opinion, or crisis
21. True leadership has more to do with mind-set than with methods and techniques.
22. When the attitude of leadership is married to the ability of leadership, then you are a true leader.
23. True leaders do not need outside stimuli in order to take action. They are self-motivated.
24. Leadership is born when one discovers a divine obligation to his community, world, and generation.
25. One of our major responsibilities as leaders is determining what is best for us according to our life’s purpose and vision
26. Leaders don’t wait for the future to come; they create it. They don’t wait for others to do what they know they should or could do
27. Leadership is born when one discovers his purpose for being and commits to pursue it at all costs.
28. Leaders know that purpose is much bigger than one incident or several incidents. Instead, they keep on moving toward the fulfillment of their purposes, no matter what.
29. A leader usually moves toward things that can’t yet be seen but will be manifested in the future.
30. The leadership attitude is more concerned with fully expressing itself than with attempting to prove itself to others.
31. Leaders don’t follow paths—they create trails. They venture where others don’t dare to tread.
32. Leadership success is measured by how much work one can accomplish through the team
34. A leader is always a team player. True leaders are always cognizant that no great accomplishment has ever been achieved by one individual.
35. One of our major responsibilities as leaders is determining what is best for us according to our life’s purpose and vision
36. Leadership is truly our past and our destiny and is the only thing that will fulfill our natural passion for greatness.
37. Your public leadership is built on your personal philosophy and private belief system
38. True leaders don’t own people; they set people free to become great
39. True leaders serve their gifts to humanity
40. True leaders never seek followers; they seek to serve themselves to others
41. You can be disqualified as a leader
42. Good leader manage people and develop systems; great leaders manage systems and develop people
43. Genuine leadership cannot be separated from the essence of the leader as a person
44. Character is the foundation for all aspects of effective leadership
45. People become leaders when they make the decision not to sacrifice their principles on the altar of convenience or compromise.
46. A leader’s values are personal—but they are never private
47. A leader who desires to be strong and effective will summon the courage to identify and root out his weaknesses
48. If you sacrifice your belief system in order to please others, you are not a leader—you are a compromiser
49. Every person on earth is meant to exercise leadership in a particular area of gifting
50. Genuine leadership cannot be separated from the essence of the leader as a person
51. Leadership is discovering a sense of significance to one’s generation and making a commitment to deliver that significance as an obligation.
52. Leaders keep their eyes on the process but their eyes on the end result
53. Leaders inspire people into their [leader’s] vision
54. The key to mobilising others is inspiration. If you can inspire, you can mobilise. This is leadership.
Don’t forget to grab your Lifetime Access to over $150 worth of mentorship materials from Dr. Myles Munroe on purpose, leadership, success, wealth and the Kingdom. Get instant access to them here. There you have some quotes from Dr Myles Munroe on leadership.
Olusegun Iyejare is career coach and certified counsellor. He helps entrepreneurs balance mental wellbeing and entrepreneurial success. Think about maximizing your potential or living a fulfilling life and Olusegun is your go to person.